The Medical Assistant 4 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 4 assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
Work Schedule: Full-time/40 Hours per Week
Job Type: Office-based, Medical Assistant 4
This position is considered office-based and will require occasional driving to some of our other center locations located throughout Atlanta.
This is not a remote or work-from-home position.
This position is considered full-time, Monday through Friday. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
The Medical Assistant 4 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. This role encompasses training new team members, providing expert guidance through orientation and shadowing. Actively contributes to the enhancement of processes and procedures. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are regarding the daily priorities for an administrative work group and/or external vendors including coordinating work activities and monitoring progress towards schedules/goals, and often oversees work of others and/or is the primary administrative owner of a main process, program, product or technology. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
- 2 - 4 years of Medical Assistant experience in back-office direct patient care.
- Must have 1 - 5 years of leadership experience.
- An active Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or Registered Medical Assistant/RMA certification from one of the following organizations: AAMA, AAH, AMT, ARMA, NAHP, NAHT, NCCT, NHA, MedCA or willing to obtain certification from one of these organizations within 6-months from date of hire.
- An active phlebotomy certification or willing to obtain certification within 6-months from date of hire. Must have hands-on professional phlebotomy experience.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to travel to multiple site locations.
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment.
- Basic Computer knowledge and experience with MS Outlook.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Experience with HEDIS measures.