Location: Atlanta, GA (Inman Park)
Reports to: Senior Program Specialist/Principal Consultant
Pay Rate: $45,000 to $60,000 per year Full time
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you feel that you are a good fit for this job, please tell us why in your cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter will not be advanced to the hiring manager.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
UrbanTrans North America is a woman owned and operated transportation consulting firm with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and Toronto. We specialize in implementing commuting programs in communities across North America. Our clients know us as experts in commute and travel behavior change (also called transportation demand management, or TDM).
Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions.
Working at UrbanTrans means being part of a fiercely collaborative group of small, flexible teams, with lots of opportunity to make a difference for our clients and their people. We’re a place for people who are problem – solvers, enjoy learning something new every day, and believe in leading by doing good.
Learn more about us at www.urbantrans.com.
UrbanTrans manages several transportation-focused organizations (aka Transportation Management Associations or TMAs) that work with employers to develop commute options programs to improve how people get to and from work. This role will primarily support that work.
The Program Specialist will help lead commuter outreach and support employer outreach for our Atlanta-based TMAs. The goal of each is to get employees to rethink their commute and connect them with resources to make sustainable commuting modes—such as taking transit, carpooling, and teleworking— more accessible and advantageous.
The Program Specialist will spend much of their time on the following types of project work:
• Planning and staffing in-person outreach events, including presentations to large groups, transportation fairs, kiosks/expos, tabling, lunch-and-learns, and other in-person engagement tactics (Estimated 40% of the time).
• One-on-one interaction with commuters, knowledgeably and persuasively discussing travel options, transportation service details, specialized program offerings, and more. This could occur in person, via Teams meetings, via email and telephone, digital platforms, and more. Communication methods will adjust based on pandemic conditions (Estimated 40% of the time).
• Meeting with employers to gain commitment to promote commute options and commuter resources to their employees (20% of the time).
To help paint the picture of a typical day for our Program Specialist, it could include any of the following work activities:
• Connecting commuters with information on sustainable travel options, commuter programs, and services to choose from when getting to work.
• Implementing employer outreach and forming employer partnerships in collaboration with TMA team members
• Supporting data collection tasks for program measurement and evaluation, with a strong data-led approach to decision-making
• Communicating relevant and timely transportation information to commuters, employers, and stakeholders such as construction-related updates and information, transportation/transit service attributes, and other mode-specific details
• Updating Salesforce databases with contact insights and attributes
• Providing support in the field when there is a large commuter-focused event
• Monitoring TMA communications channels for commuter inquiries and answering frequently asked questions about transit options, schedules, and other relevant services
• Collaborating with our smart and talented teammates who are leading up key programs and projects in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Toronto, Denver, and beyond
• General support to project managers on varied tasks
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• At least three years full-time professional experience related to sales, customer service, hospitality, administration, communications, marketing, public administration, and/or public outreach. A degree in one of these areas can substitute for professional experience.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, video conference, and social media platforms
• Outgoing and able to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for all types of customer service interactions
• Excellent organizational skills and task-oriented
• Ability to manage, analyze, and engage with a large database of contacts
• Ability to work productively in an open, dog-friendly office environment
• Employment contingent on passing a Department of Homeland Security background check for airport – related work
• Ability to lift, carry, and transport 25+ lbs.
• Some local traveling is required for this position, but access to a personal vehicle is not necessary
• COVID-19 vaccination that meets CDC recommended dosage is required due to the responsibilities of this position
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of local and regional public transportation and commuter service in the Atlanta region
• Experience with executing community or employer outreach or events
• Knowledge of the sustainable transportation industry is highly desirable
• Degree in related field (hospitality, communications, business, marketing, environmental studies, or others)
• Experience reporting on key performance indicators
• Bilingual in Spanish
URBANTRANS NORTH AMERICA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. URBANTRANS HAS AN OPEN WORKPLACE THAT CELEBRATES DIVERSITY.