Dog Bather - Trimmer in Training (Scent Tech)
Salary Range:$15.00 To 20.00 Hourly
Scenthound is a revolutionary concept in the pet industry, providing dogs the care they deserve and giving dog parents a simple way to stay on top of their dog’s health.
We are hiring Scent Techs (our version of a Dog Bather) for our Dunwoody, GA Scenter. The Scent Tech is the entry-level position in our organization.
We are very focused on Career & Development and so every Scent Tech has the opportunity to receive training towards becoming a Trimmer or Customer Service Representative - ultimately leading to Scenter Groomer (Salon Leader) or Scenter Manager (General Manager) of one of our Scenters.
You will be providing dogs the routine care they need every month by providing our E-scentials service, which includes: Bathing, Ear Cleaning, Nail Trimming, & Teeth Brushing.
You will be joining a founding team of entrepreneurs, offering a competitive hourly wage with tip share – plus medical, dental & vision benefits for you and your dependents (if you work over 30+ hours/week).
Also, we have big plans to grow, and you will have the opportunity to grow your career with us as well – so this role could be just the beginning.
Who Are We
Scenthound is NOT an ordinary dog grooming shop. We are a revolutionary concept disrupting an outdated industry, focused on the dog’s overall health and wellness, not only haircuts!
Our membership-based business model allows dogs to receive routine maintenance and consistent care. At Scenthound, we are a culture-driven, highly collaborative team that prioritizes dog and employee safety.
We inspire the dog-human connection through our North Star and values by helping dog parents maintain clean, healthy dogs.
- OUR NORTH STAR: We remove barriers so that people can love and connect with their dogs every day.
- OUR VALUES: Dog First. One Pack. Bring Love. Seek Growth. Make A Difference.
$15.00 to $20.00 per hour (including tips and based on performance)
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Saturday
- No evening hours past 7pm
Who Are We Looking For
We are searching for a confident individual who is hard-working, reliable, and self-motivated!
A successful Scent Tech is a team player: perceptive, patient, empathetic to others, adaptable under stress, and a compassionate dog lover! Lastly, we are looking for someone flexible with their hours – willing to work as our bookings dictate & demand.
This Position Requires:
- Strength to lift up to 50 pounds; stamina to stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to patiently interact with, bathe, and assess Dogs
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to work in a smoke-free environment
Needing Strong Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication with team members and dog parents (via written app)
- Attention to detail, Willingness to take the initiative & adapt when necessary
- Ability to self-critique; hold oneself to high standards of task delivery
What Will You Be Doing
Primary Operational Tasks
- Comb, brush, and de-mat dog’s fur to remove all tangles, knots, and mats
- Perform Intake & Outtake of all Dogs - engaging Dog Parents regarding their upcoming service and recommending changes for their next service & retail products.
- Perform E-scentials Service on all Dogs: Wash Dog’s Coat, Clean Ears, Brush Teeth, Express Glands, Towel Dry or Blow Dry dog’s coat, Clip & Grind Nails, Weigh Dog
- Complete an accurate S.C.E.N.T. check for every dog serviced with recommendations and wellness feedback to Dog Parents
- Escort dog to Lobby to reunite with Dog Parent
- Potentially participate in Street Team Marketing Activities – handing out flyers &/or manning booths - at key local events to showcase the great service you provide.
- Advocate for all dogs in our care and in our community
Training & Development
- Start on a growth path to our Trimmer or Front Desk Receptionist position
Ensuring the safety of dogs and team members at all times
Perform & Adhering to Scenthound sanitary and cleaning practices
Performing other tasks and duties as assigned by the Scenter Manager, Franchise Groomer &/or President
Please refer to: https://www.scenthound.com/health-safety
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place