Health Assistant Director
Boat People SOS, Inc. (BPSOS), a national Vietnamese-American community-based organization, is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual with creative and innovative program planning and coordinating to lead and assist the Health Awareness and Promotion Program (HAPP) national team. This position will focus on program management and development, strategic planning, and administer all program reports.
1. Assist in strengthening the organizational structure and sustainability of the Department of Health, including development of long-term strategic plan and its implementation
2. Support the department’s Acting Director with the department’s daily operations 3. Ensure compliance with regulations, grant requirements and internal policies 4. Undertake staffing responsibilities (onboarding, training, performance evaluating, etc.) 5. Assist in budgeting and monitoring Department of Health’s program expenses 6. Support the financial team to prepare for the annual audit
7. Maintain scheduling of events and represent the organization at meetings/conferences with partners when needed
8. Work on program reports and submit them to the funders
9. Coordinate fund development activities to sustain and expand health department 10. Fulfill other duties as assigned by the COO
1. Proven experience as assistant director or similar position
2. Experience in performance and operations management
3. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
4. Bachelor’s degree in health is preferred, social sciences, or social work
5. Strong communication skills and ability to handle multitasks and work under deadlines 6. Good writing skills
7. Be both a self-starter and a team player
8. Be able to work on weekends or in the evening as required.
Location: National; some travelling required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications, plus benefits. Report to: Chief Operating Officer
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Human Resources email@example.com
BPSOS is an equal opportunity employer.