Senior Enterprise Applications Engineer
We are currently seeking a full stack developer to design and implement end-to-end solutions. You will build ETL pipelines to ingest the data from heterogeneous sources into our system. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to understand their data requirements and help them make data-related decisions using your ETL knowledge and experience.
The job role might also require you to learn new tools and technologies fast, and you should have in-depth database knowledge as well as basic programming and scripting skills. You will help to build efficient and stable data processes which can be easily maintained in the future. You should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets.
What you will be doing
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- translate business requirements into data warehouse/ analytics design and sustaining strategies.
- Design and builds Tableau Dashboards and Reports
- Interfaces extensively with functional users to confirm the applicability of design alternatives, identifies and recommends cost effective options, and address user concerns
- Work with project leads, end users, and business SMEs to define technical specifications to develop data modeling requirements, code design and functional and technical documentation
- Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points/teams to ensure that development is completed successfully and efficiently.
- Conducts necessary internal quality assurance, system testing, and load testing to ensure that the development work is of high quality when released to users for the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project (manage all necessary migration of scripts/code to/from the respective environments - development, quality assurance, production, and repositories like GitHub)
- Work with specifications to design and develop infrastructure to provide business users with the tools and data needed to do their jobs more effectively
Skills and Requirements
- You’re smart, adaptable, and love picking up new skills.
- You are highly adept with reporting packages (Tableau Software), databases ( SQL and NoSQL), and concepts of ETL design and execution.
- You have technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced with reporting packages (Tableau Software), databases (SQL Server), and concepts of ETL design and execution.
- You are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You communicate well with teammates and clients, and your experience backs that up.
- Experience in using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Hyperion Essbase/ OneStream experience is a plus
- Proficient in Excel
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.