Job ID: 492418
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 75,800 people at more than 3,160 locations in 29 countries. CRH is the leading building materials company in North America and the world. We manufacture and distribute a diverse range of superior building materials, products, and solutions, which are used extensively in construction projects of all sizes.
The Enterprise & Business Strategy Teams were formed to support Global Leadership decision-making, executing on the C-Suite’s vision for CRH. The team provides expertise through continuous thought-leadership, market analysis and synthesis of trends shaping the global building materials sector, and beyond. CRH has worked to define a clear, long-term, agile strategy, building a portfolio of businesses with double digit annual growth (organic and through portfolio optimization), expanding EBITDA margins and strong RONAs.
To further these goals, CRH has organized a suite of strategic capabilities across North America and Europe to advance CRH’s understanding of what it takes to succeed across the construction and building materials industries. Working closely with the CRH Strategy, Innovation and Ventures team, the broader strategy organization is tasked with evaluating sustainable and innovative growth strategies, fueling an entrepreneurial mindset, and fostering collaboration across the business. All key for the next chapter of CRH’s success.
As a Strategy Manager, you will play a role in shaping and advancing the critical agendas of growth and value creation at CRH. Through market analysis, strategic projects, partnering with the CRH Ventures and the Group Innovation teams, you will guide CRH’s continued exploration to support its vision to become a leading industrials business and so support CRH’s ability to create value.
This role will be based in the US or Canada, location to be determined with candidate. This role will report to the US or Canada based Vice President of Strategy.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work with Enterprise & Business Strategy Teams and business leaders to identify and analyze growth opportunities across CRH, providing actionable insights and optionality to CRH Leadership Teams
- Lead strategic visioning and due diligence on adjacent and emerging business models and markets, including preparation and presentation of comprehensive memos, proposals and presentations to senior leadership
- Manage business development, pilot, partnership, and M&A efforts as needed to support CRH’s growth ambitions
- Work with CRH Ventures & the CRH Group Innovation team on the evaluation and implementation of specific projects, pilots, partnerships, and investments as needed
- Coordinate with the CRH Strategy & Development Teams and Councils, ensuring project alignment with CRH operating business strategic plans and activities across Europe and North America
- Follow current and future business trends across the industry, synthesizing real time insights and contextualizing with current CRH efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field (MBA or equivalent a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in strategy consulting, corporate development, investment banking, or similar
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience in the Construction and Building Materials sectors a plus
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- A self-starter with high degree of initiative, action-oriented
- High standard of ethics, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required
- Ability to work on a global team spanning many timezones
- On site work environment at least 4 days per week in office when not traveling (some flexibility to work from home)
- Domestic and international travel approx. 25% will be necessary according to the demands of the role
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone, Microsoft Teams, e-mail, and in-person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.